Why You Should Choose Soy Wax Candles | Ninox-Home
The number one reason people choose 100% soy candles is the fact they are natural. They are made from soybeans, which is a vegetable oil, whereas regular paraffin and mixed wax candles are made from petroleum oil. This means that soy wax is a sustainable product and does not contribute to green house gas emissions and increased CO2 levels in the environment. In addition, soy candles do not require chemicals to scent them; but can be combined with natural fragrances and 100% essential oils instead.
- Most importantly, soy candles burns cleaner and slower
- They don’t produce the black soot like paraffin candles do which discolours your walls & furniture.
- Soy candles are non-toxic and release no carcinogens
- Since soybeans are vegetables, the wax is a renewable, sustainable resource and naturally biodegradable.
- It is easier to remove soy wax from materials as it is soluble, unlike paraffin wax. Warm soapy water will remove soy wax from any surface.
- Soy wax burn 50% longer than paraffin wax.
- Their aroma is much stronger and more cleaner than the scent from paraffin wax candles.
- Because of the lower melting point of soy wax, there is a larger melt pool around the candle wick itself. This surface area is where the essential oils evaporate into the atmosphere. This is why at NINOX we use a large 10cm wide candle vessel.
So ensure that when you are purchasing candles to check the ingredients. 100% soy wax and essential oils may be a little more expensive than paraffin or mixed wax candles but they are still more cost-effective. Soy wax is natural, sustainable, burns slowly, evenly and cleanly, minimising waste and providing you with a superior scent experience.