TOWARD ZERO WASTE
At NINOX we are dedicated to a towards zero waste model and ensure that we are minimising waste by promoting our reusable products. All of our luxury home fragrance collections come with an eco-friendly refill option which reduces waste and saves you money, without compromising quality.
NINOX reduces waste wherever possible throughout our entire production process and provides reusable, compostable or recyclable products and packaging. We reduce our carbon footprint in the following ways:
- All products come with a refill option
- All of our vessels are made to last and are designed to be reused over and over again
- We only use 100% natural soy wax in our candles (all natural, low soot)
- Candle lids are made from upcycled packing crates
- We use natural plant-based fragrances and 100% essential oils
- We use an eco-solvent, alcohol-free base that is free from VOC's (Volatile Organic Compounds) in our reed diffusers
- Our packaging & postage pack is paper or cardboard and can be recycled
- We offer free gift wrapping - but choose to refuse for less packaging
- Our shipping is carbon neutral
Most people don't consider the environmental impact of their online shopping deliveries – just clickety-click and, like magic, it's on your doorstep. But the logistics involved generate a huge amount of CO2 - over 10% of global CO2e emissions are from transport and logistics.
- Soy wax tailings and diffuser refill cores can be composted or put into your organics bin
- Green Power used for production
NINOX - THE POWERFUL OWL
Meet our totem animal (Ninox strenua); the largest owl species on the continent. With an impressive wingspan up to 140cm, these rare birds live in old-growth forests along the eastern coast of Australia and are an indicator of forest health. Powerful owls are majestic predators of the night and are now listed as vulnerable with as few as 5000 individuals remaining.
NINOX pledge to contribute $1 from every product sold to the conservation of these beautiful creatures. 100% of this money will be donated to BirdLife Australia's Powerful Owl Project to assist in habitat protection and research.
Learn more about why we care by visiting Our Story page.